CDS provides design services based on the needs of the client, whether it be a small addition or a complete home. We have a great selection of stock home plans for sale off the shelf or can make modifications to these plans to suit your needs. We also offer a full custom set of residential plans documented with constant input from the client. We will work closely with the structural engineer and the interior designer to get the dream home you have always desired.
PHASE 1: FIRST CONFERENCE • Discuss the scope of your project.
• Provide rough estimates of our services and timeline.
• This is the introduction stage & may be included in the Initial Design Conference.
PHASE II: INITIAL DESIGN CONFERENCE • Discuss your ideas, photos and lifestyle.
• Ask questions like: Do you entertain? Do you want a media center? Office? Outdoor kitchen? Etc. We get to know you as a client so your dreams become reality!
• Fill out our “Design Information Sheet”
PHASE III: SITE VISITATION • We will visit the site and observe existing topography, utilities, easements, etc.
• Discuss the orientation of your new home to best suit your needs and enhance the views available
• We will require a tree and topographical survey before the site visit.
PHASE IV: FIRST SCHEMATIC DRAWING • You will receive scaled schematics of the floor plans & site plan.
• These are for you to take home, look over, draw on and give us your input.
PHASE V: RETURN COMMENTS/SCHEDULE A CONFERENCE • If there are minor comments you can drop off the red-lined schematics or we can schedule a conference to go over your comments in detail to define exactly what you want.
• Phase IV & V are repeated as necessary. We want you to be happy!
PHASE VI: SECOND SCHEMATIC DRAWING
• We expand the drawings to include the exterior elevations and further develop the site plan.
PHASE VII: 2ND RETURN COMMENTS/SCHEDULE A CONFERENCE
• If there are minor comments you can drop off the red-lined schematics or we can schedule a conference to go over your comments in detail to define exactly what you want.
• Phase VI & VII are repeated as necessary.
PHASE VIII: REVIEW OF 1st WORKING DRAWINGS
• You will receive your first full size set of working drawings including floor plan, foundation plan, elevations, details and site plan. Please review them and return to us with your comments.
• Once you sign off on these, drawings are ready for first review by any Architectural Review Board (ARB) of the community you are building in.
PHASE IX: REVIEW OF 2nd WORKING DRAWINGS
• You will receive your first full size set of working drawings including floor plan, foundation plan, electrical, elevations, details and site plan. Please review them and return to us with your comments.
• We will have ARB comments as well as yours for any minor changes needed.
• Once we have reviewed, modified and signed off on these we are ready to start the construction drawings
PHASE X: SPECIFICATION CONFERENCE
• This is a meeting to discuss all materials used in the project; plumbing fixtures, lighting fixtures, cabinets, windows, etc.
PHASE XI: CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS
• You will receive the final set of drawings to include floor plans, foundation plan, elevations, electrical plans, roof plan, sections and details, site plan, structural details, etc.
• We can coordinate with the Structural Engineer before bidding or start the bidding process while receiving small modifications from him during the bid process.
• Upon your final approval, we will begin the printing and bidding.
PHASE XII: PRINTING
• Your dreams are now ready to be turned into reality. You can get the plans to your builder or we can help you through the bidding process.
• We will be there through the bidding and the building. Our dream is to see yours turning into reality.